What is the PRINCE2® Practitioner Qualification?
The Practitioner is the second of the two PRINCE2® courses you are required to pass to become a PRINCE2 Practitioner. This PRINCE2® Practitioner online learning course will provide you with the knowledge and understanding of the scope, content and structure of the PRINCE2® method, to fully prepare you for the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam.
Who is the PRINCE2® Practitioner Qualification for?
This course is aimed at anyone wishing to gain the qualification, having already achieved the PRINCE2® Foundation level qualification. This course would benefit:
- Project Managers
- General Managers
- Programme Managers
- Team Managers and support staff
- Staff who will have a defined role
- Project Management Consultants
Candidates need to exhibit the competence that was required for them to pass their Foundation qualification, and additionally, show that they can apply and tune PRINCE2® to address the needs and problems of a specific project scenario. Specifically, candidates must be able to:
- Produce detailed explanations of all principles, themes and processes and worked examples of all PRINCE2® products as they might be applied to address the particular circumstances of a given project scenario
- Show they understand the relationships between principles, themes and processes and PRINCE2® products and can apply this understanding
- Demonstrate that they understand the reasons behind the principles, themes and processes of PRINCE2® and that they understand the principles underpinning these elements
- Demonstrate their ability to tune PRINCE2® to different project circumstances.
The PRINCE2 (6th Edition) courses on this page are offered by Training Bytesize, an Accredited Training Organisation of AXELOS Limited. PRINCE2® is a (registered) trademark of Axelos Limited.
What you'll learn
Unit 1 - Introduction
Unit 2 - Exam Technique and how to Use the Manual
Unit 3 - Processes SU and IP
Unit 4 - Processes CS and MP
Unit 5 - Processes DP, SB, CP
Unit 6 - Business Case
Unit 7 - Organisation, Team and Processes
Unit 8 - Quality Theme
Unit 9 - Plans Theme
Unit 10 - Risk Theme
Unit 11 - Change Theme
Unit 12 - Progress Theme
At the end of this course, you will receive an official certificate of completion from the Association for Project Management.
At the end of this course, successful learners will be able to work effectively with or as a member of, a project management team working within an environment supporting PRINCE2®. PRINCE2® is a (registered) trademark of Axelos Limited.
How is this course assessed or examined?
At the end of this course, you will need to sit an open-book exam. You will need to achieve 44 correct answers out of 80 to pass. The test can be done online from home or at a local test centre; whichever best suits you. The cost of the exam is INCLUDED in the course price.
This level aims to measure whether a candidate could apply PRINCE2® to the running and managing of a non-complex project within an environment supporting PRINCE2®. To this end, they need to exhibit the competence that was required for their Foundation qualification, and additionally show that they can apply and tailor PRINCE2® to address the needs and problems of a given project scenario.
While there are no strict entry requirements for this PRINCE2 Practitioner, it is strongly recommended that you have the ability to effectively read and write in English.