We’re all different, with diverse interests, personalities, and thought processes. This means we may not always see eye-to-eye, and conflicts may occasionally arise. When this happens, having the skills to resolve the situation peacefully is invaluable. This level 2 conflict management course is an ideal way to learn conflict management techniques that will benefit you both at home and in the workplace.
What you'll learn
Unit 1 - What is Conflict Management?
- Learn about the common types and causes of conflict and their consequences for a business that encounters them.
- Understand how a company can respond to prevent combative or discriminatory behaviour and the duties the law places on businesses.
Unit 2 - Conflict Risk Assessment
- Understand what a conflict risk assessment is.
- Understand the duties of both employer and employees with regards to conflict risk assessments.
Unit 3 - Preventing Conflict
- Gain an understanding about the policies and procedures to prevent conflict.
- Understand training requirements and how to help colleagues work efficiently and happily.
- Understand the role that professional help and mediation plays.
- Learn about unconscious bias.
Unit 4 - Handling Conflict
- Defuse confrontations that occur in the workplace.
- Understand the relevance of record keeping for both incidents and potential conflictions.
- Know how to hold informal discussions while maintaining confidentiality.
- Manage conflicts, and refer to conciliation, arbitration and Employment Tribunals should the need arise.
Awarding body details...
Once you have completed this Conflict Management Course - you will receive a formal qualification in Conflict Management from NCFE.
How is this course assessed or examined?
Throughout this conflict management course, you may be expected to complete assignments to meet the requirements of your course. This information will be included in your study pack detailing exactly what you need to do to accomplish your goals as a student.
While there are no strict entry requirements for this level two Conflict Management course, it is strongly recommended that you have the ability to effectively read and write in English.