In a report from The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), it was highlighted that unfair treatment in the workplace has a huge effect on individuals, employee satisfaction and culture.
We’re all different, with diverse interests, personalities, and thought processes. This means we may not always see eye-to-eye, and conflicts may occasionally arise. When this happens, having the skills to resolve the situation peacefully is invaluable. This level 2 conflict management course is an ideal way to learn conflict management techniques that will benefit you both at home and in the workplace.
Why study conflict management?”
Conflicts can happen in a wide variety of environments, but with a third of our lives being spent at work, there is no coincidence many of these occur within the workplace. To ensure the healthy functioning of any business or organisation, it is essential to reduce and resolve conflicts fairly and effectively and by taking a Conflict Management Course, you will make a real difference.
This online conflict management course will equip you with the necessary tools to help manage such situations. It focuses on the common types and causes of conflict that can occur in a workplace setting, how to respond and to prevent discriminatory behaviour.
You will also learn about the importance of making conflict risk assessments for the benefit of both employers and employees, as well as when to turn to arbitration services when conflicts cannot be resolved internally.
Whether you work within a role in which situations can sometimes become heated (traffic wardens - we're looking at you) or you’re simply looking to boost your personal development, this distance learning course will provide you with skills in negotiation, mediation, and practical conflict management and de-escalation techniques. Conflict management level 2 is studied online in your own time, at your own pace, so it will easily fit around other commitments in your life.
What you'll learn
Unit 1 - What is Conflict Management?
- Learn about the common types and causes of conflict and their consequences for a business that encounters them.
- Understand how a company can respond to prevent combative or discriminatory behaviour and the duties the law places on businesses.
Unit 2 - Conflict Risk Assessment
- Understand what a conflict risk assessment is.
- Understand the duties of both employer and employees with regards to conflict risk assessments.
Unit 3 - Preventing Conflict
- Gain an understanding about the policies and procedures to prevent conflict.
- Understand training requirements and how to help colleagues work efficiently and happily.
- Understand the role that professional help and mediation plays.
- Learn about unconscious bias.
Unit 4 - Handling Conflict
- Defuse confrontations that occur in the workplace.
- Understand the relevance of record keeping for both incidents and potential conflictions.
- Know how to hold informal discussions while maintaining confidentiality.
- Manage conflicts, and refer to conciliation, arbitration and Employment Tribunals should the need arise.
With a heritage stretching back over 150 years, NCFE is one of the largest awarding bodies in the UK. Over 340,000 students were awarded certification by NCFE last year.
NCFE Customised Qualifications are bespoke, unregulated qualifications developed to meet the specific needs of learners. These courses fit in where there are no other regulated qualifications are available. Meaning you can achieve recognition from a well-respected awarding body, even if there isn’t a pre-existing qualification in a certain subject area.
Upon completion of this course, you will receive a Level 2 NCFE Customised Qualification in Conflict Management.
How is this course assessed or examined?
Throughout this conflict management course, you may be expected to complete assignments to meet the requirements of your course. This information will be included in your study pack detailing exactly what you need to do to accomplish your goals as a student.
While there are no strict entry requirements for this level two Conflict Management course, it is strongly recommended that you have the ability to effectively read and write in English.