NCFE are a UK-based awarding organisation passionate about designing, developing, and certificating diverse, nationally recognised qualifications and awards. It is recognised as an Awarding Organisation by the qualification regulators for England, Wales and Northern Ireland, who are: The Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator (Ofqual) in England, the Welsh Government, and the Council for Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) in Northern Ireland.
The History of NCFE
It's important to note that there are two awards brands involved. NCFE and NCFE CACHE. In 2015 NCFE merged with CACHE (pronounced 'cash'), to form the 3rd largest awarding body in the UK. This merger brought together over 150 years of expertise and now enables the delivery of more than 600 qualifications across a wide range of sectors. The two brands have a long and established history, with both being well respected in their own right.
It's a little confusing at first sight, but this is the best explanation:
- NCFE awards general vocational and technical qualifications
- NCFE CACHE is best known for its focus on Childcare, Social Care and Teaching Courses
What does NCFE stand for?
When it was founded, NCFE was named "Northern Council for Further Education", but in the 1990s, this was dropped in favour of the short acronym to demonstrate a more national focus.
What levels do NCFE qualifications range from?
NCFE offers qualifications at Entry Level right up to Level 8 on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF), which is the UK's national credit transfer system.
What subjects do NCFE qualifications cover?
How long does it take to complete an NCFE qualification?
The length of time it takes to complete an NCFE qualification depends on the level and subject you are taking. Entry-level qualifications can be completed in a matter of weeks, while Level 3 qualifications may take up to two years.
Why choose the NCFE awarding body?
The NCFE accreditation gives assurance that the content of a training course is of a high standard and meets the rigorous requirements of a national, regulated awarding organisation. It is one of the largest awarding bodies in the UK. Over 340,000 thousand students were awarded certification last year through over 2,000 colleges and training providers nationally. With a heritage stretching back over 150 years, they offer students the opportunity to gain a fully recognised qualification suitable for further employment or higher education.
Courses offered by Oxbridge
Oxbridge offers the following courses and qualifications from NCFE
- Functional Skills English Level 1
- Functional Skills Maths Level 1
- Functional Skills Maths Level 2
- NCFE CACHE Level 1 Award in Safeguarding in a Learning Environment
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Creating a Business Start-up
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Digital Skills for Work
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Education and Training (AET)
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (CAVA)
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Management
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Skills for Business
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Skills For Business: Human Resources
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Travel and Tourism
- NCFE Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (IQA)
- NCFE Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Process and Practice
- Team Leading Skills Level 2