Do you wish you could communicate more effectively? Do you sometimes struggle to understand the true meaning behind what other people say, or things that you read? Our NCFE Functional Skills English Level 2 course (previously known as Key Skills Level 2 English) is specifically designed to improve your abilities in four main areas: speaking, listening, reading, and writing. Not only will you gain new knowledge and skills, but you’ll also learn how to apply everything you’ve learned to practical tasks such as letter writing and constructing persuasive written arguments. Best of all, when you study Level 2 English online with Oxbridge you’ll be able to study in your own time, at your own pace, using a range of engaging learning materials.
Why study Functional Skills English Level 2?
- You can show higher education institutions and employers that you’ve developed the transferable communication skills you need to succeed.
- You can study in your own time, at your own pace, via laptop, phone, or tablet
- You can retake units at any time to strengthen your knowledge and prepare for your exams
- You can sit your exams entirely online!
What you'll learn
Unit 1 - Speaking and Listening
- Follow narratives and lines of argument.
- Communicate information, ideas and opinions clearly and effectively, providing further detail and development if required.
- Use language that is effective, accurate and appropriate to context and situation.
Unit 2 - Reading
- Use a range of reference materials and appropriate resources (e.g. glossaries, legends/keys) for different purposes, including to find the meanings of works in straight forward and complex sources.
- Follow an argument, identifying different points of view and distinguishing fact from opinion.
- Identify difference styles of writing and writer’s voice.
Unit 3 - Writing
- Punctuate writing correctly using a wide range of punctuation marks (e.g. colons, commas, inverted commas, apostrophes and quotation marks).
- Spell words used in work, study and daily life, including a range of specialist words.
- Communicate information, ideas and opinions clearly, coherently and effectively.
NCFE is the leader in vocational and technical learning committed to powering a more intelligent education eco-system. We combine over 170 years of experience with deep insight into what is needed and what works.
From world-class qualifications and content to new assessment methodologies, from innovative technology platforms to partnership opportunities with our network of expert collaborators – NCFE galvanises the education sector to shape the most innovative solutions for individual learning needs. In doing this, we’re working for a fairer education system for all learners to power inclusivity and choice.
Click here to confirm it's real with OfQual.
At the end of this course, successful learners will be awarded a formal certificate of achievement by NCFE CACHE. The training courses have been designed specifically to meet the needs of learners who prefer to study from home. You can read more about NCFE here.
How is this course assessed or examined?
This course is designed for distance learning study. To successfully pass the course, you’ll complete a series of practice papers and, with your tutor’s approval, your final exams.
Exams cost just £95 when you choose to sit them online, or to sit them in person here at Oxbridge.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, however, it is recommended that you have an intermediate ability to read and write English.