What you will learn
- House and home
- School life and routine
- School trips, events and exchanges
Unit 2 - Food, Health and the Media
- Food and drink
- Accidents, injuries, common ailments and health issues
- The media
- Information and communication technology
Unit 3 - Family and Friends
- Relationships with family and friends
- Daily routines and helping at home
- Hobbies, interests, sports and exercise
Unit 4 - Holidays and Special Occasions
- Special occasions vocabulary
- Past tense
- Holidays and tourist information vocabulary
- Travel, transport and directions vocabulary
- Life in the town and rural life
- Demonstrative adjectives / pronouns
- Shopping and money matters
- Public services e.g. bank, post office
- Environmental issues
- Weather and climate
- The conditional tense
- Everyday life, traditions and communities
Unit 7 - Customs and Childhood
- Role models
Unit 8 - Education and Future Plans
- School rules and procedures
- Work, careers and volunteering
- Future plans
Unit 9 - Preparing for Paper 3: Speaking
- iGCSE French (Edexcel) 4FR1
- Preparation and Techniques for Paper 3
Unit 10 - Preparing for Papers 1 and 2: Listening and Reading and Writing
- Preparation and Techniques for Paper 1
- Preparation and Techniques for Paper 2
Edexcel is the UK’s largest awarding organisation offering academic and vocational qualifications in schools, colleges and workplaces in the UK and abroad. Edexcel is a multinational education and examination body covering A-Level Courses and GCSE Courses.
Upon successful completion of this home learning course, you will receive an IGCSE in French, issued by Edexcel. This syllabus (4FR1) has been chosen specifically because it best suits distance learning
How is this course assessed or examined?
You can enrol now for examinations for Summer 2024.
You’ll be required to complete two standard IGCSE written exams and one speaking assessment.
- Paper 1 – Listening: 30-minute written exam, 25% of IGCSE, 40 marks.
- Paper 2 – Reading and writing: 1 hour 45 minute written exam, 50% of IGCSE, 80 marks.
- Paper 3 – Speaking: 8-10 minute spoken exam, 25% of IGCSE, 40 marks.
The exams contain multiple-choice, structured, closed short answer, and open response questions. We provide a guaranteed exam space in one of our partner exam centres around the UK. Check where your closest exam centre is.
During your course, you’ll be required to complete various assignments. These do not contribute towards your final grade but provide you with an opportunity to submit work to your tutor for marking and feedback. This will help you to monitor your progress and will be used to produce predicted grades if needed
We highly recommend that you have a basic knowledge of French before starting this French IGCSE course.