What will Level 1 Maths teach you?
Fancy becoming a whiz with pie charts, or learning how to effortlessly convert between fractions and percentages? Maybe you’d like to easily be able to calculate the tip you should leave at a restaurant, or how much money you’ll save in the supermarket with that 10% discount? This nationally recognised qualification will show you how to do it all without breaking a sweat!
Our NCFE accredited Functional Skills Maths Level 1 course gives you the real-world mathematical skills you need to excel in both everyday life, and the workplace.
You’ll also learn how to deal with whole and negative numbers, convert decimals and percentages, use simple formulae, and in Level 1 maths, you’ll learn how to interpret and to assess the likelihood of an outcome. You’ll discover how to calculate the area and perimeter of a given shape, as well as convert between common units of measure. In short, you’ll gain the practical, real-world skills you need to succeed.
Why study functional skills maths level 1?
• You’ll gain an NCFE accredited qualification
• You can demonstrate to employers you’ve mastered a range of maths skills, from calculating volumes to interpreting statistics
• You’ll gain the qualification and confidence to apply for jobs or higher education courses requiring maths knowledge
• You can study in your own time, at your own pace, via laptop, phone, or tablet
• You can retake units at any time to strengthen your knowledge and prepare for your exams.
Need to gain other functional skills qualifications such as English or ICT? Check out our range of functional skills courses for money-saving bundles!