Interpretation and Defined Terms
- When the following words are used in these Terms, this is what they will mean:
- 'Business Day' means a day (other than a Saturday or Sunday) when banks are open for business in London.
- 'Digital Content' means the digital content and resources accessible as part of the Oxbridge Ltd. Service.
- 'Intellectual Property Rights' means patents, rights to inventions, copyright and related rights, moral rights, trademarks, business names and domain names, rights in get-up, goodwill and the right to sue for passing off, rights in designs, rights in computer software, database rights, rights to use and protect the confidentiality of, confidential information (including know-how) and all other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications and rights to apply for and be granted, renewals or extensions of, and rights to claim priority from, such rights and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection which subsist or will subsist now or in the future in any part of the world.
- 'Course Fee' means the price stated on Our Website at the time you enrol for the course (save in cases of obvious error).
- 'Licence Term' means 12 Months commencing on the Start Date unless otherwise specified in the course description.
- 'Code of Conduct' means the terms and conditions governing your use of the Oxbridge Ltd. Service from time to time as provided to you by Us and/or as published on our Website.
- 'Our', 'Us' means Oxbridge Ltd, England and Wales company number 09622558, with registered address Oxbridge, Fazeley House, Rocky Lane, Birmingham, B6 5RQ.
- 'Enrolment Confirmation Email' has the meaning given to it in clause 2.4.
- 'Oxbridge Ltd. Service' means the interactive online learning and/or paper-based learning service provided to you by Us.
- 'Start Date' means the date when we first provide you with access to the Oxbridge Ltd. Service or (if earlier) when we provide you with paper-based learning materials.
- 'Website' means the website(s) used by Us to provide the Oxbridge Ltd. Service (oxbridge.uk)
- 'you', 'your' means you as the student enrolling on to the Oxbridge Ltd. Service.
- Clause, schedule and paragraph headings will not affect the interpretation of these Terms.
Our Contract With You
- These are the terms and conditions for your access to the Oxbridge Ltd. Service.
- You may place an order by applying for a course on our website or calling us.
- We welcome orders submitted from outside the UK but will only accept the payment method specified within these Terms.
- Acceptance of your order will only take place when we have received a payment from you and we send to you an email confirming we have accepted your enrolment (the 'Enrolment Confirmation Email'). A contract will only be formed between you and us when we send to you the Enrolment Confirmation Email.
- Please ensure that you read these Terms carefully, and check that the details on your order and these Terms are complete and accurate before you apply to enrol on any course. If you think that there is a mistake, please email us to discuss, and please make sure that you ask us to confirm any changes in writing to avoid any confusion between us.
- When we send to you of the Enrolment Confirmation E-mail we will grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide licence to access and use the Oxbridge Ltd. Service for the duration of the Licence Term subject to these Terms.
- You will:
- promptly comply with our reasonable instructions from time to time concerning use and operation of the Oxbridge Ltd. Service;
- comply with all applicable laws in performing your obligations and exercising your rights under these Terms;
- comply with the Code of Conduct;
- not change, amend or develop the Oxbridge Ltd. Service in any way; and
- not make any copies of the Oxbridge Ltd. Service, reverse-engineer or decompile the Oxbridge Ltd. Service (other to the extent permitted by law and these Terms) or make any modification amendment or adaptation to the Oxbridge Ltd. Service.
- The Oxbridge Ltd. Service is licensed for your own domestic and personal use only and may not be used for or in connection with any commercial purpose (save to the extent you are using the Oxbridge Ltd. Service purchased for you by your employer). You will not use the Oxbridge Ltd. Service to provide services to third parties.
- The Course Fee as specified on our Website from time to time will be subject to change or withdrawal at any time before acceptance of your order by us.
- The Course Fee stated on our website is in UK Sterling and includes applicable VAT for orders within the European Union. If the rate of VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of full delivery or performance, we may adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the Oxbridge Ltd. Service in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
Finance Payment Plans
- Click here for terms and conditions related to the financial payment plans offered.
- Oxbridge and/or any third party appointed by Oxbridge reserve the right to reclaim any unpaid monies in relation to the costs of products or services purchased from Oxbridge (either directly or indirectly). Oxbridge may also charge fees for missed/late payments and for setting up replacement direct debits. These fees may be introduced/amended from time to time.
- The description of the Oxbridge Ltd. Service will be as shown on our Website at the time that you submit your order, save in cases of obvious error.
- We try to ensure that all descriptions of the Oxbridge Ltd. Service and Course Fee are accurate. On the rare occasion that there is an error, we will advise you about it as soon as reasonably possible and will offer you the option of reconfirming your order or cancelling your order. If you cancel under this clause, we will refund or credit you for any sum which has been paid by you or debited from your credit card or other accounts for the Oxbridge Ltd. Service in respect of that order.
Access to Service
- To access the Oxbridge Ltd. Service, you will be required to create a unique username and password. You will be entirely responsible for keeping your password confidential. You will not let anyone else use your unique user name and password to access the Oxbridge Ltd. Service.
- If you suspect or have reason to believe that somebody else is using or has used your password to gain access to the Oxbridge Ltd. Service, you will notify us immediately. You are responsible for any activity under your username and/or password unless and until you have notified us.
- You will need to make all the arrangements necessary to access the Oxbridge Ltd. Service.
- For the best possible experience, we strongly recommend that you use the latest available version of your chosen web browser. Our aim is that the Oxbridge Ltd. Service will be accessible on the main browsers such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari and Google Chrome. You may have issues from time to time if you use some of the less popular browsers. There may also be issues from time to time as browsers are updated and revised.
- You may need to use the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player with your browser to display video.
- To reduce the potential for you to experience difficulties when accessing and using the Oxbridge Ltd. Service, we strongly recommend that you:
- use a fast and uninterrupted broadband connection; and
- if you have firewall software protection operating on your machines, ensure that firewall protection allows the possibility of video streaming.
- You may be required to download third party software to use the Oxbridge Ltd. Service. Your use of any third-party software is at your own risk, and you may be required to comply with their licence terms. Subject to clause 15 we accept no liability for the availability of such software or for any problems that may arise as a result of you downloading or installing any third-party software.
- Access to the Oxbridge Ltd. Service may be suspended temporarily without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repairs for reasons beyond our control.
- We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server(s) on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial of service attack or a distributed denial of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Oxbridge Ltd. Service will cease immediately.
- We or our licensors own all the Intellectual Property Rights in the Oxbridge Ltd. Service including without limitation the Digital Content. These Terms will not transfer any ownership in our or our licensors' technology or Intellectual Property Rights. You will inform us immediately if you become aware of any infringement of our Intellectual Property Rights and provide such assistance as we may reasonably request. If any of the Oxbridge Ltd. Service (including without limitation the Digital Content) becomes, or in our opinion is likely to become subject to an infringement claim, we may (at our option and expense):
- obtain the right for the Oxbridge Ltd. Member to continue using the Oxbridge Ltd. Service (including without limitation the Digital Content);
- modify or replace the Oxbridge Ltd. Service (including without limitation the Digital Content) to avoid the infringement claim; or
- if in our opinion neither 8.1.1 or 8.1.2 is commercially reasonable, terminate our agreement with you and provide a partial refund of the amount paid for the licence on a pro-rata basis.
- We reserve the right to revise and amend these Terms from time to time.
- You will be subject to the policies terms and conditions in force at the time that you purchase access to the Oxbridge Ltd. Service, unless any change to those policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions by posting the revised terms on our Website.
Your Rights to Cancel
- You may cancel this Agreement by providing us with written notice in the following circumstances:
- at any time before we send the Enrolment Confirmation E-mail;
- SUBJECT TO THE IMPORTANT EXCEPTION IN CLAUSE 10.4, at any time up to 14 days after the day when the contract is made under clause 4.1 (this can be done either by (i) a clear statement by post or email or (ii) using the Model Cancellation Form in the following format).
Model Cancellation Form
To: Oxbridge Ltd, Fazeley House, Rocky Lane, Birmingham, B6 5RQ
I hereby give notice that I cancel my contract for the supply of the following services:
[detail any courses you wish to cancel, and the reason for cancelling]
ordered on [insert date]
Signature (only if you send this on paper)
- if the Oxbridge Ltd Service fails to conform in all material respects with its description, be of satisfactory quality, and be reasonably fit for purpose; or
- if we change these Terms under clause 9 to your material disadvantage.
- In respect of any cancellation notice provided under clause 10.1.1, 10.1.2 and 10.1.3 we will confirm your cancellation in writing to you and refund to you the payment made for the goods (plus postage at the lowest rate made available when you ordered the goods even if you chose a more expensive mode of delivery).
- In respect of any cancellation notice provided under clause 10.1.4, we will confirm your cancellation in writing to you and provide a partial refund of the amount paid for the licence on a pro-rata basis from the date the Terms were changed.
- You agree that the right to cancel will not apply and is waived where the specific Oxbridge Ltd Service involves a third-party software tool and you have accessed that third-party software already as part of the Oxbridge Ltd Service. (One typical example of this would be Sage One which would be available as part of certain courses relating to accounts and bookkeeping.)
- Where you cancel under clause 10.1.2, you will not be entitled to any refund until 14 days after (i) the goods have been returned to us or (ii) you have provided evidence you have returned the goods. In addition, (i) we may deduct from any refund or charge you for any reduction in the value of goods returned to us as a result of your handling the goods (beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods), up to the price you paid for them; and (ii) you will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods.
Exams must be scheduled and completed within either 12/24 months from the course's commencement or 6 months from its conclusion, depending on which occurs earlier, for those who have purchased exams. It's important to note that all exam fees are non-refundable, and failing to finish the course or to take the exams within the specified timeframe will not result in a refund of any portion of the exam fees. If a student needs to reschedule an exam, Oxbridge will consider it on a case-by-case basis and may involve an extra fee