Do you have an interest in exercise, training or the fitness industry? Maybe you’re thinking about starting a brand-new career, and are looking for an effective way to widen your existing fitness knowledge? If so, then our Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing was made for you! Fully accredited by NCFE, it’s suitable for beginners without prior qualifications or training, and will help you develop the skills and confidence to work with clients to help them reach their full fitness potential.
Kickstart your career in personal training or gym instructing with this nationally recognised qualification
This course breaks down the basics you need to know before starting out. First, you’ll explore the key frameworks and systems that make up the human body. Then, you’ll go on to study the role of a gym instructor in detail – you’ll learn how to support the health and wellbeing of your clients by working on tailored fitness plans, discover safe exercise plans for all ability levels, and find out how to conduct health screenings to make sure you’re offering your clients the very best advice. After you’ve completed this course, you can progress to our NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training to enhance your skills and knowledge.
On this NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing course, you will:
- Gain insight into anatomy and physiology and how it relates to exercise and fitness
- Develop your ability to plan and deliver safe and effective gym-based exercise programmes
- Discover how to conduct consultations and promote the health benefits of physical activity
- Gain the knowledge and practical skills required to work as a gym instructor
- Acquire awareness of health and safety in an exercise and fitness environment
- Find out how to communicate effectively and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme.