A wise man once said that teaching is the profession that creates all other professions – as such, it’s a position of great privilege, but equal responsibility. A great teacher is there to help, to advise, encourage, and nurture. The good news is that this Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (DET Level 5) will get you qualified to teach post-16.
If that sounds appealing to you, then the good news is that you don’t need a degree. Our Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training course (Level 5 DET) is a nationally recognised teaching qualification for the post-16 sector, and, once you’ve completed it, you’ll be able to:
- Become qualified to teach in the post-16 sector – no degree required!
- Register with the Society for Education and Training (SET), and:
- Work towards QTLS (Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills) status.
After you’ve breezed through 100 hours of teaching practice via your DET course and qualification, this course will enable you to:
- Teach in further education colleges, as well as adult or community centres
- Teach in the third or voluntary sector
- Teach prison or offender education
- Teach for work-based learning providers
- Teach in the public sector, such as police or paramedic training
- Teach in schools and academies, for ages 14-19.
As you study your Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (DET), you’ll work at your own pace, in your own time, you’ll explore the roles and responsibilities of the teacher, how to manage behaviours in a learning environment, which assessment methods to use and when. In short, Level 5 DET will equip you with everything you need to know to become a brilliant teacher!