In modern society, words are everything. Words make the world go around. They’re in the speech we use and the news we read. Now we’re giving you the chance to command them like a pro with our Proofreading Diploma Level 4. Perfect your grammar and punctuation skills to lend authority, trust and consistency to just about any writer’s work.
Proofreading isn’t just about checking for errors in the wording we use. It also relates to the message, tone of voice, and consistency of a text. It’s about having a broad knowledge of the English language. It’s also sentence structure and knowing how writing must look and feel on the page of a publication.
That’s why we’re going to develop your inner proofreader. By the time you’re finished, you’ll be helping writers clearly communicate their ideal message or argument without sounding like a complete Silly Billy. What this means is that any copy passing through your fingers will end up error-free, flawless, golden.
Start your journey to proofreading stardom. No previous experience in proof reading required
We’ll help you to understand grammar basics, from nouns to pronouns, right down to tricky clauses. You’ll also review the roles and differences between verbs and adverbs, adjectives and prepositions. Imagine that moment when you can solve common problems and create slick style sheets for clients.
With Oxbridge, we can make that happen. Enrol now on our proofreading course and start your journey to proofreading stardom. Ideal for beginners as no previous background in proofreading, copy-editing or publishing is required.
When studying our Proofreading Diploma Level 4, you will:
- Learn just what proofreading is and why it’s important
- Discover the grammar basics from nouns to verbs, clauses and sentences
- Appreciate the effectiveness of punctuation
- Recognise common problems at word, clause and phrase levels
- Check and improve the quality of various documents
- Develop a keen eye for detail, spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Know how to prepare a style sheet for other people to learn from