Distance learning sometimes referred to as E-learning or online learning, is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world. More and more people are becoming more interactive with technology. Consequently, E-learning is becoming increasingly easier to access, therefore making it easier to study the subjects of your choice from the convenience of your own home, including core subjects such as GCSEs and A-levels.
Did you know: more than 270,000 undergraduate students are taking their first degrees via distance learning, together with some 108,000 postgraduate students?
You can improve your lifestyle and your confidence with our distance learning courses. Whether you are looking for full-time courses or part-time courses, Oxbridge offers flexible, convenient learning that is enjoyable, affordable and fully supported by our expert tutors.
E-learning makes learning possible
Distance learning makes it possible to study wherever you are, at whatever time you might want to learn. There is no such thing as going to classes or travelling from one place to another. Now it is all conveniently packed into one easy-to-use online location. E-learning is not just learning from the web, it is a whole new way of opening yourself up to knowledge!
Here are just a few facts about E-learning that proves it is a world-changing industry:
- E-learning does not just take on the form of getting info from the web. You can also participate in distance learning by listening to podcasts and taking part in online lectures.
- Traditional methods of learning can be less effective than distance learning. Traditional methods, do not allow the individual to take all the time they specifically need to process the information they receive.
- Distance learning gives you the opportunity to learn about anything; regardless of whether it is commonly accepted in general schooling syllabus material.
- The concept of E-learning has been in motion for years and is evolving so quickly that it is fast becoming one of the most popular ways of learning in the world.
- Large companies make use of E-learning as a form of training, as it is far less challenging than sending a large group of individuals to one location each day.
- A general long-distance learning course is completed in less time than it would if the course was given in a classroom! You are able to move through the course at your own pace.
- It costs much less to study online than it does to study in a classroom. When learning online, all the material is accessible via the web, no need to buy as many expensive course books.
E-Learning and You
E-learning is more effective and delivers better results than the traditional way of studying. It is already becoming one of the most popular ways of getting the knowledge you need to excel in life! With Oxbridge, you can enrol 365 days a year and access your course at any time, from any location on any device. We want to help you make your dreams a reality, without disrupting your current lifestyle.
Our expert tutor support ensures that you are never alone in your studies. Once you enrol you will be assigned a tutor for each course; they will guide you from initial enrolment right up until your final assessment and will provide as much or as little support as you need. Don't just take our word for it, take a look at some of our A-level student reviews from 2022/23:
Love my couse, super tutor. by Jenny
Started my course about 8 weeks ago. The joining was very straightforward and quick to get started. I paid on a Friday and was up and running by Sunday. I am absolutely loving the course (history A-level). The tutor has been super. Gets back to all my queries really quickly, she is really positive and supportive and making sure I'm staying on track. I think it can be easy to skip.things or over delve where not necessary so I contact her quite a bit and I can't fault her supportiveness. I really wanted to go to a college but needed flexibility and I'm enjoying and learning so much on this course. Would definitely recommend...
I am doing A-level Maths, and I am just so happy that my tutor is Miss Michelle, she is just fantastic ! She helped me a lot whenever I don’t understand a point of my assignment she is always there to explain me and attached some useful notes! Thank you Miss!
So pleased and cant wait to explore more! by Abigail Marlow
As soon as I gained access to my Religious Studies A-level course, I knew that this was the course for me. Everything was so easy to access and laid out in an organise way. I am so excited to see what else is in store as I progress my way through all the content and rescoures I have been provided with.
If the time has come for you to venture down a new path, get the best possible start with Oxbridge. Take a look at our Awarding Bodies to discover which qualifications and certifications can be achieved.