Makeup is not only about increasing someone’s confidence, but also a way of expressing creativity. It’s an art in and of itself, and with the right techniques, skills, and knowledge, there are so many ways you can accentuate certain features, or complement aspects of the face using colour or shading.
In this Makeup Artistry Diploma course, you’ll explore everything from colour theory and face shapes to skin types and physiology. Through step-by-step guidance and video tutorials, you’ll become an expert in producing makeup looks for day, night and special occasions, whilst receiving support and guidance from beauty professionals. This course is perfect for any beautician looking to learn a new skill, whether you work freelance, in a salon, or spa – and you can work at a pace that suits you.
What will I learn?
- How to run your own business, interact with clients, and promote your services
- Health and safety legislation, and the types of insurance you’ll need
- The anatomy and physiology of the hair, skin, skeletal, eyes, muscular, and lymphatic systems
- How to create stunning makeup looks using professional techniques
- What makeup to use to suit different face shapes
- Which products you’ll need, and how to apply them
- Aftercare and maintenance advice
What you'll learn
Unit 1 - Foundation
- Personal Standards and Practice
- Effective Communication with Clients
- Business Promotion
- Preparation of the Work Area
- Health & Safety Legislation
- Being effective at Work
- Promoting Products & Services
- Retail Specific Legislation
- Reception Duties
- Taking Payments & Methods
Unit 2 - Anatomy and Physiology
- Hair Structure and Removal
- Cells and Tissues
- The Skin
- The Skeletal System
- The Muscular System
- Blood & The Heart
- The Lymphatic System
- The Systems
- Anatomy of the eye
Unit 3 - Skin Healthcare
Unit 4 - Foundation Makeup
- Basic Colour Theory
- Face Shapes
- Skin Types and Characteristics
- Product Knowledge and Application
- Aftercare and Contra-actions
Once you have passed the course, your diploma certificate will be available for download via the online portal. You have lifetime access to the portal so you can return at any time.
How is this course assessed or examined?
Assessed via videos submitted to your tutor and an online assessment at the end of the course.. Once you’ve achieved the desired pass percentage, you’ll move on to the next module. Units and tests can be retaken at any time to strengthen your knowledge.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, however, it is recommended that you have an intermediate ability to read and write English.