Indian head massage stimulates acupuncture points along with the head, neck, and shoulders, and can help relieve stress-related conditions and muscular tension. With the fast-paced world, we live in today, it’s becoming an increasingly popular way for people to relax and unwind, making it an essential skill for any beauty therapist.
This Level 3 Indian Head Massage course is suitable for those with massage experience, as well as complete beginners. You’ll master the technique from start to finish with the help of working beauty professionals, as well as step-by-step video tutorials, so you’ll feel more than confident offering this treatment to your clients. When you’ve passed the course, you’ll be able to apply for professional insurance, making it ideal if you’re looking to start your own business.
What will I learn?
- How to run your own business, interact with clients, and promote your services
- Health and safety legislation, and the types of insurance you’ll need
- The anatomy and physiology of the skin, hair and muscular system
- Contraindications to treatment
- The equipment you’ll need
- Chakras and auras
- How to prepare for and complete the massage
- Aftercare advice
What you'll learn
Unit 1 - Foundation
- Personal Standards and Practice
- Effective Communication with Clients
- Business Promotion
- Preparation of the Work Area
- Health & Safety Legislation
- Being effective at Work
- Promoting Products & Services
- Retail Specific Legislation
- Reception Duties
- Taking Payments & Methods
Unit 2 - Anatomy and Physiology
- Hair Structure and Removal
- Cells and Tissues
- The Skin
- The Skeletal System
- The Muscular System
- Blood & The Heart
- The Lymphatic System
- The Systems
- Anatomy of the eye
Unit 3 - Indian Head Massage
- Introduction to Indian Head Massage
- Contra-Indications & Equipment
- Chakras and Auras
- Preparation and Procedure
- Contra-actions and Aftercare
Once you have passed the course, your diploma certificate will be available for download via the online portal. You have lifetime access to the portal so you can return at any time.
How is this course assessed or examined?
Assessed via videos submitted to your tutor and an online assessment at the end of the course.. Once you’ve achieved the desired pass percentage, you’ll move on to the next module. Units and tests can be retaken at any time to strengthen your knowledge.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, however, it is recommended that you have an intermediate ability to read and write English.