Improving sleep, relieving muscle tension, and reducing stress and anxiety are just some of the benefits of a hot stone massage. It might sound a little odd, but it’s actually an incredibly popular and effective therapy, which makes it a fantastic (and profitable!) skill for any beauty therapist to learn.
Whether you want to work in a salon, spa, or even set up your own massage business, this online course will equip you with all the skills and knowledge you’ll need through video content and step-by-step tutorials. You’ll be able to work in your own time, at your own pace, with the support of beauty professionals throughout.
What will I learn?
- How you’ll run your own business, interact with clients, and promote services
- Health and safety legislation, and the types of insurance you’ll need
- Skin types, diseases and disorders
- How to perform a hot stone massage
- The spiritual effects of hot stones
- Client contraindications
What you'll learn
Unit 1 - Foundation
- Personal Standards and Practice
- Effective Communication with Clients
- Business Promotion
- Preparation of the Work Area
- Health & Safety Legislation
- Being effective at Work
- Promoting Products & Services
- Retail Specific Legislation
- Reception Duties
- Taking Payments & Methods
Unit 2 - Anatomy and Physiology
- Hair Structure and Removal
- Cells and Tissues
- The Skin
- The Skeletal System
- The Muscular System
- Blood & The Heart
- The Lymphatic System
- The Systems
- Anatomy of the eye
Unit 3 - Skin Healthcare
Unit 4 - Hot Stone Massage
- The Stones
- The Spiritual Effects
- The Routine
- Contra-Actions & Aftercare
Once you have passed the course, your diploma certificate will be available for download via the online portal. You have lifetime access to the portal so you can return at any time.
How is this course assessed or examined?
Assessed via videos submitted to your tutor and an online assessment at the end of the course.. Once you’ve achieved the desired pass percentage, you’ll move on to the next module. Units and tests can be retaken at any time to strengthen your knowledge.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, however, it is recommended that you have an intermediate ability to read and write English.