Are your clients always complaining of blemishes, under-eye circles, and fine lines? Facial skincare is more than a luxury; cleansing, toning and moisturising is an important part of a healthy complexion, and more people are turning to skincare specialists for help! With this Facial & Skincare Diploma created by beauty professionals, you’ll be able to perform a skin analysis, consultations, and full facial treatments. With step-by-step routines, you’ll learn the techniques necessary to produce visible improvements to your client's skin condition, leaving it smooth, hydrated and glowing!
Designed for aspiring and experienced beauty professionals alike, this course covers everything you need to know to be able to work as a facial specialist, whether you want to work in a salon, a spa, or even strike out on your own! You can study online in your own time, at your own pace, as we take you through each stage of the treatment process, with added videos and diagrams to aid your progress.
What will you learn?
- How run your own business, interact with clients, and promote your services
- Health and safety legislation, and the types of insurance you’ll need
- Anatomy and physiology, including the skeletal and muscular systems
- Skin types, diseases, and disorders
- How to complete the perfect facial routine, including preparation, products, and aftercare
What you'll learn
Unit 1 - Foundation
- Personal Standards and Practice
- Effective Communication with Clients
- Business Promotion
- Preparation of the Work Area
- Health & Safety Legislation
- Being effective at Work
- Promoting Products & Services
- Retail Specific Legislation
- Reception Duties
- Taking Payments & Methods
Unit 2 - Anatomy and Physiology
- Hair Structure and Removal
- Cells and Tissues
- The Skin
- The Skeletal System
- The Muscular System
- Blood & The Heart
- The Lymphatic System
- The Systems
- Anatomy of the eye
Unit 3 - Skin Healthcare
Unit 4 - Facial and Skincare
- Preparation & Products
- Facial Massage
- The Facial Routine
Once you have passed the course, your diploma certificate will be available for download via the online portal. You have lifetime access to the portal so you can return at any time.
How is this course assessed or examined?
Assessed via videos submitted to your tutor and an online assessment at the end of the course. Once you’ve achieved the desired pass percentage, you’ll move on to the next module. Units and tests can be retaken at any time to strengthen your knowledge.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, however, it is recommended that you have an intermediate ability to read and write English.