AgilePM® launched in October 2010, extracts the Project Management elements of the DSDM Agile Project Framework and makes them available as Agile Project Management; a certified approach in its own right. The AgilePM Foundation certification is useful to all candidates and competency levels ranging from highly experienced project managers to those new to the industry.
The Foundation AgilePM® certification lives up to its name by providing the users of the method with the core principles needed to facilitate a successful project while allowing a degree of scope and agility that not many other methodologies provide.
During this course you will:
- Develop a more advanced, applied level of knowledge to gain an understanding of AgilePM® and the ability to apply relevant project management methods, leading to successful AgilePM® projects.
- Clarify different management styles needed for successful AgilePM® projects compared to traditional projects and be able to tailor these to the situation.
- Actively promote trust and close cooperation between the business and developers and gives the business ongoing visibility into what is happening.
- Combine knowledge of more traditional management methodologies with AgilePM® to better adapt to a changing business environment.
- Improve time-to-market and project success rates while simultaneously accelerating results by encouraging stakeholder involvement, feedback and effective controls
- Deliver change faster, at a lower cost and with lower risk by continually validating project milestones against business objectives.
- Complements and works with existing corporate processes such as PRINCE2®, quality and audit processes which improve rigour and visibility around project management, leading to a proven track record of successful delivery in a corporate environment.
- Simply adopt a tried and tested approach rather than developing and integrating a company-specific AgilePM® management process.
- Achieve better communication and control over projects and adapt project plans without disrupting the project budget, timescale and scope.
- Develop professionalism in employees and include AgilePM® certification in employee professional development schemes.
- Equip yourself with the skills and knowledge needed to progress to the Agile PM Practitioner course.
Having specialised in the development of e-learning training courses for over 12 years you can be assured of exceptionally high-quality, interactive products. The delivery of the Agile PM Foundation training course is a truly collaborative online learning platform, ideal for organisations with a global reach. The course is approximately 10 hours long, interactive and uses audio and animation to create an interesting and involved training course. The Virtual Learning Environment brings together forums, discussions, resources, social media, support videos and much more.
Re-enforce your knowledge before sitting the final exam by completing the interactive quiz after each session and the mock exam quizzes at the end of the course. This will significantly enhance your understanding of the method. The beauty of e-learning is you can study in bite-size chunks, having the bookmarking system you can just pick up where you left off.
The course on this page is offered by Training Bytesize, an Accredited Training Organisation of The APM Group Ltd. AgilePM® is a registered trademark of Agile Business Consortium Limited.
What you'll learn
Unit 1 - AgilePM Introduction
- AgilePM® History
- The AgilePM® Manifesto
- DSDM Atern
- DSDM Principles
Unit 2 - Roles & Responsibilities
- DSDM team
- DSDM Roles
Unit 3 - The DSDM Process and Products
- The DSDM Process
- Pre-project phase
- Feasibility phase
- Evolutionary phase
- Deployment phase
- Post project phase
Unit 4 - Techniques
- Facilitated workshops
- MoSCoW prioritisation
- Iterative development
- Time boxing
- The SCRUM process
Unit 5 - Planning and Control
- Project Planning Concepts
- Testing Concepts
- Planning and Quality
- Tracking and Control Concepts
At the end of this course, you will be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team working within an AgilePM® environment. You will receive an official certificate of completion. You can read more about the awarding body APMG. The course on this page is offered by Training Bytesize, an Accredited Training Organisation of The APM Group Ltd. AgilePM® is a registered trademark of Agile Business Consortium Limited.
How is this course assessed or examined?
At the end of this course, you will need to sit a short exam. This is a multiple-choice test and you will need to achieve 25 correct answers out of 50 to pass. The test can be done online from home or at a local test centre; whichever best suits you. The cost of the exam is INCLUDED in the course price.
While there are no strict entry requirements for this AgilePM Foundation course, it is strongly recommended that you have the ability to effectively read and write in English.