About us and the role:
This contract role reporting to the Development Manager, will be for an initial 3-4 weeks to implement changes on the system, followed by an ongoing 1-2 days per month.
Working closely with our team of developers, you will have a good level of ability in Moodle. We’re looking for someone to help us with high-level, strategic planning, along with supervision of the ongoing development pipeline and day to day workings. You will use problem solving skills, research, and your experience to make sure our platform reflects the vision of the business and makes sure our learners receive the best learning experience.
Key Technical Skills
You already know what you’ll be doing in a role like this, but we felt obliged to list a few things that we think are critical, and to sound like we know what we’re talking about:
- Solid understanding of managing Moodle installations (backups, course management, maintenance, bug fixing)
- Experience in upgrading Moodle installations
- Knowledge/experience of integrating Moodle with third party services/products, Moodle Rest API
- Knowledge/experience of running Moodle on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Understanding of UI/UX principles for supporting students.
- Ability to write raw SQL reports (PostgreSQL)
About you: A successful candidate
- This won’t be your first rodeo; we’re looking for 5+ years’ experience
- Will consider themselves a high performer and take pride in their work
- Will enjoy difficult tasks and finding the solutions
- Commercially aware, customer focused with the ability to use initiative and intuition
- Excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Be assertive and have good persuasive skills
- It won’t impress you that we have no ceilings, free coffee, and a pool table, but you’d better practice so we can have meetings while playing a few shots.