Learning Design Manager
Learning Design Manager
£35,000.00-£38,000.00 per year
A rare chance to join Oxbridge; a multi-award winning online-learning provider that is disrupting the Learning industry. Don’t be fooled that we’re in education; we’re EdTech, it’s like a wolf in sheep’s clothing, with a great suit and amazing beard.
We’re fairly young, 6 years to be exact, fast-growing, diverse and a high pedigree workplace. We’re transitioning from start-up to scale-up and doing some fun and innovative work along the journey. Things feel fresh and real here, we’re just a group of people who want to do a decent job and believe in hard work and transparency at all levels. Culturally we’re a diverse bunch but all unified by a balanced work and play ethic.
We’re looking for a passionate, enthusiastic candidate who thrives in a busy, lively atmosphere in an organisation full of people who love what they do. You’ll be willing to push boundaries and try new concepts, we don’t accept average here, and we’re not scared to do things differently.
Importantly (to save us both some time): You will need to have a proven track record in e-learning and instructional design. This role is specifically for a qualified instructional or eLearning designer with a demonstrable track record and is therefore not suitable for other design backgrounds.
You already know what you’ll be doing in a role like this, but we felt obliged to list a few things that we think are critical and to sound like we know what we’re talking about.
- You’ll be heading up our course production team of 5 learning designers and graphic designers
- You’ll be responsible for outputting beautiful online learning courses
- Manage the team workload and liaise with the rest of the organisation
- Administer course setup and uploading of course materials to a pre-existing Moodle-based LMS
Skills / Experience
- This won’t be your first rodeo; we’re looking for 4+ years in instructional design experience in digital and blended learning, with a demonstrable track record of growth in your previous roles
- Qualifications and/or commercial experience in instructional design (or similar), Project Management qualifications would be desirable
- Commercial experience with Moodle, Adobe Creative Suite and Articulate Storyline
- Will be a lifelong learner (the kind of person who Googles stuff to learn more, for fun)
- Commercially aware, assertive, customer-focused with the ability to use initiative and intuition
To apply for this role, you will need to submit a portfolio that showcases a variety of your skills. Please select 2-4 examples of your work and write a couple of paragraphs explaining why it’s great, why you did it in the way that you did and how it is relevant to this role.
Want to know what it's like working at Oxbridge?
Have a look at this info before you apply.