MMXVI or 2016 has been an unforgettable year, some bad but also lots of great.
The events of 2016 is a mixed bag, with many not looking back over it favourably. The world has been forced to deal with the atrocities and aftermath of the Dallas police shootings. The deaths of favourite cultural icons; think David Bowie, Nancy Reagan, Terry Wogan, Johan Cruyff, Prince, Muhammad Ali, Jo Cox and Zsa Zsa Gabor. Fidel Castro is one of the most significant figures of the 20th century. Included, despite his record of repression.
Lets not forget, the ongoing political turbulence of Brexit. David Cameron ousting himself out of Number 10, the Istanbul airport attack, political upheaval in the US following the election. And most recently the Berlin terror attack and the threat of 90mph winds of storm Barbara
However, it’s important to remember, as Martin Luther King, Jr. says: ‘Only in the darkness can you see the stars‘.
Great events of 2016
- New chemotherapy breakthroughs have increased the 5-year survival for pancreatic cancer from 16% to 27% (and is getting better)
- Coffee consumption has been proved to help curtail cancer and suicide rates.
- Scottish Tennis Pro Andy Murray eventually won Wimbledon.
- Tim Peake successfully completed his ISS mission and came back from space.
- Queen and Country celebrated her majesty’s 90th birthday
- Leicester City had their own fairy tale with a premier league victory, still surprising!
- The population of wild tigers increased this year for the first time since detailed records began (Reference: WWF)
- A particular favourite of mine: Netflix added offline downloads!
- Last but not least, Leonardo Di Caprio won an Oscar
Oxbridge Home Learning
This year has been monumental for Oxbridge Home Learning. Looking over this year we are reminded that people can do incredible things when they come together. Here at Oxbridge Home Learning, we believe the best way to predict your future is to create it. Take a look at our distance learning courses for an array of relevant and interesting courses that could change your next years for the better. Read about our caring personal tutors. Home Learning is perfect for everyone who wants to make a difference to their future. Don’t just take our word for it, have a look at some of our previous student stories. Jump in to 2017 ready!